Maintenance management is the process of planning, organizing, and controlling the activities of a maintenance department to ensure that equipment, machinery, and facilities are kept in good operating condition. The primary goal of maintenance management is to prevent equipment breakdowns and downtime, maximize equipment reliability, and minimize maintenance costs.
Maintenance management involves a range of activities, including:
- Maintenance planning: This involves creating a maintenance schedule and determining the resources required to carry out maintenance activities.
- Preventive maintenance: This involves performing routine maintenance activities on equipment to prevent breakdowns and extend the life of the equipment.
- Corrective maintenance: This involves repairing equipment that has broken down or is not functioning properly.
- Predictive maintenance: This involves using data and analytics to predict when equipment is likely to fail and scheduling maintenance activities accordingly.
- Asset management: This involves tracking the performance and condition of equipment and making decisions about when to repair or replace equipment.